1. To wash the hands entirely.
2. Wear the disposable gloves.
3. To check the sterile gauze swabs whether they are in good sterile pouch and sealed. And check the sterile gauze swab package lot no., manufactured date and expiry date whether the sterile gauze swabs in the valid time. The Gauze Swabs expiry date is normal 5 years.
4. Prepare the sterile tweezers.
5. Open the valid pouch sterile gauze swabs.
6. Grasp the gauze in its sachet in one hand at the corner.
7. Use your other hand to open the sachet and peel the paper back.
8. Hold the gauze swab by the corner with tweezers and use it to clean the wound.
9. After used, dispose the gauze swabs into the medical waste bin.